« Home | Story and Style » | Analyze This: "Getting Ready" on Myscene » | Animation Critique Prowlies by the River » 

Wednesday, September 29, 2004 

Progress on the Fence

I just spent the better part of three hours finalizing designs on the first 6 seconds and animating and trouble shooting it. All with a track pad. I wanted to shrink everything in the frame over the next 3 seconds of animation, zooming from a wedding cake (elaborately decorated, again with the track pad) to happy couple, which I cant get to shape tween because they are a photo and not vectored properly, and I just need to get my hands on some illustrator software so that I can vectorize this picture of the wedding couple now, and the whole thing will be half done!
On a brighter side, I’ve been taking a good long look at some of the animations, and I like what I see. Ride the Fence, a political cartoon about indecision and revolutionary thought, was the New York winner for best cartoon in 2002. This cartoon makes heavy use of symbolism, as it is a music video, and it desperately trying to keep up with the pace of the lyrics, while getting its own visual message across. America is represented by a large snake drawn in brilliant stars and stripes, while the democrats and republicans are symbolized by their respective animals, with tail fuses, implying that they are going to blow up. Uncle Sam makes an appearance attempting to shoot an antelope, symbolizing the African Americans, and it morphs into an African American and they duke it out. Corporations are shown as a gigantic fat man standing on top of a huge pile of money, and when the people take the money, he comes crashing down, implying that greed can place them in a precarious situation of having to depend too much of money to keep their money. Unions are portrayed as dogs, and Microsoft represents trusts, which are cut in half by a blade, while police get the title of “antichrist”. But in truth, this is a simple enough animation, mostly done with tweens used very effectively. I just wish my stuff could look this good.

About me

  • I'm Ryjak
  • From Hartford, Connecticut, United States
  • I am a web and graphic designer with four years of classroom and four years of practical experience, using this blog as a platform for my artistic endeavors. I hope this blog gives you some little insight into the workings of my creative processes. I currently am working as a Web Designer for Sunrise Marketing in Hartford Connecticut, where I have been for over a year and a half now.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates