« Home | Salad Fingers 5: Picnic » | It's 7:52 in the morning and Im still awake » | Progress on the Fence » | Story and Style » | Analyze This: "Getting Ready" on Myscene » | Animation Critique Prowlies by the River » 

Tuesday, December 14, 2004 

Plantage

This little piece of animation was one of the sent to me by Jaclyn (thanks!) with the suggestion that I watch it. I was amazed at first by the quality of the animation. Then I realized these were all just photoshop images with lots of layering and an added transparent alpha layer. Then I took a closer look, I was amazed. Again. I saw little creatures everywhere, branches that seemed to come right out of the photoshop images, and waves around. They were obviously photoshop images, some so tiny you could barely see them. Fades were the most used transition. Subtlety is key with this animation. The audience is more surprised at how much they missed than with how much they saw.

About me

  • I'm Ryjak
  • From Hartford, Connecticut, United States
  • I am a web and graphic designer with four years of classroom and four years of practical experience, using this blog as a platform for my artistic endeavors. I hope this blog gives you some little insight into the workings of my creative processes. I currently am working as a Web Designer for Sunrise Marketing in Hartford Connecticut, where I have been for over a year and a half now.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates