« Home | Brown HTML » | I've broken another one » | Interactive Narratives, Take 2 » | Flash Tutorial For Your 301 Class » | Ack LAST MINUTE! » | This WebSite is.... » | Perspective » | Welcome Back to Mrs Hastings Class » | Keep on blogging » | Trollback and Discovery Times » 

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 

Open Close

I found this site to be rather confusing… I had a hard time following the flow of information when I first laid eyes on it. I was like… where do I start? I wanted to click the dreadlocks… dreadlocks are cool right? Nah, I think I should click Overview anyways… Ok what have I here? The image in the middle says something about taxonomy… I don’t really understand what stuffed animals has to do with website design, but ok, I’m easy. Oh maybe he’s talking about categorization of some kind. Ah five elements in design. Like Fire Water Earth Air and Spirit…. I see well it has something to do with Media, Action, Relationship, Context, and Communication. I don’t get the whole relationship and context, so I’ve got to look at those two… Oh I see… well I suppose It has to do with one’s options when looking at media and the choices you make. Can one go forward or can’t one? I don’t know! Ah, when I roll over OPEN a bunch of elements of that also appear. Like nonlinear storytelling, and customization. I guess that means that OPEN represents open storytelling techniques, like the sims (addictive!) or GTA. Closed must have to do with closed storytelling techniques, like novels or movies. Well that’s all I have time to write about. GTG!

About me

  • I'm Ryjak
  • From Hartford, Connecticut, United States
  • I am a web and graphic designer with four years of classroom and four years of practical experience, using this blog as a platform for my artistic endeavors. I hope this blog gives you some little insight into the workings of my creative processes. I currently am working as a Web Designer for Sunrise Marketing in Hartford Connecticut, where I have been for over a year and a half now.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates