« Home | LAST ONE! » | United Technologies » | staying up late » | Comedy » | Dr. Shroud: Mask » | Tribute to Kingdom Hearts » | Plantage » | Salad Fingers 5: Picnic » | It's 7:52 in the morning and Im still awake » | Progress on the Fence » 

Wednesday, December 15, 2004 

Trollback and Discovery Times

I was surfing through the Trollback archives, when I came across some footage of an opener for a Discovery Times Risk Factor TV show. I used to work for the discovery channel store, so I decided to take a peek at this one, maybe catch the show sometime if I could. This video was full of energy, and lots of Illustrator images which had been dumped into after effects along with several layers of footage, peiced together with a few zoom and blur effects to give the impression that the viewer was not stationary, and the TV was. Something I noticed about this skipping around view was that there were text labels all over the place, from
* MILITARY TRIBUNAL to
* AFGHANISTAN REBUILDS and
* COVERT OPERATIONS
It was all done with the same text effect, over and over again, with some animations among some of the other symbols as well (the map, the beacons etc). I give this 5 out of 5 splats, because I have no idea how to recreate this.

About me

  • I'm Ryjak
  • From Hartford, Connecticut, United States
  • I am a web and graphic designer with four years of classroom and four years of practical experience, using this blog as a platform for my artistic endeavors. I hope this blog gives you some little insight into the workings of my creative processes. I currently am working as a Web Designer for Sunrise Marketing in Hartford Connecticut, where I have been for over a year and a half now.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates