« Home | What was the assignment? » | Homepage » | Open Close » | Brown HTML » | I've broken another one » | Interactive Narratives, Take 2 » | Flash Tutorial For Your 301 Class » | Ack LAST MINUTE! » | This WebSite is.... » | Perspective » 

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 

The Movies!

I just recieved a wonderful new piece of interactive technology this week. Its a little program from Lionhead studios called "The Movies". I purchased it at my local software shop for $50 dollars, and I'm already amazed at its functionality. With it I am able to write and film my very own movies.

As an IDD student, this opens worlds of possibilities to me. I can easily create content for any site I design, or as I am doing now, creating a movie so that I can add sound for my soundscapes final project later on. My 12 and a half minute master piece is called "Evil Geniuses"

The program works by building virtual sets, and having virtual actors, who you can design the look of, follow prescripted actions that you can plug in to create cohesive storylines. You can even change the weather, lighting, and emotion on the sets through different variable sliders. Props and sets are interchangeable. Its everything I could have ever wanted in a piece of design software. Even better, there is a game element to it as well, which allows you to explore the entire business of movie producing. However, I think I'll stick to writing scripts and makin movies!

About me

  • I'm Ryjak
  • From Hartford, Connecticut, United States
  • I am a web and graphic designer with four years of classroom and four years of practical experience, using this blog as a platform for my artistic endeavors. I hope this blog gives you some little insight into the workings of my creative processes. I currently am working as a Web Designer for Sunrise Marketing in Hartford Connecticut, where I have been for over a year and a half now.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates