« Home | Tribute to Kingdom Hearts » | Plantage » | Salad Fingers 5: Picnic » | It's 7:52 in the morning and Im still awake » | Progress on the Fence » | Story and Style » | Analyze This: "Getting Ready" on Myscene » | Animation Critique Prowlies by the River » 

Tuesday, December 14, 2004 

Dr. Shroud: Mask

Dr. Shroud is an animation series about a vampire hunter, done in noir style. This movie has a primitive frame by frame animation base, that makes it look choppy, along with some film grain effects which make the animation seem like an earlier work of animation. There are no words, only text frames and a musical score. On the score, it is one of the most awful I have ever heard, and completely destroys the feel of film, jumping from creepiness to near jubilence, without missing a proverbial beat. This wrecked the film for me, even though the style was amazing, with its false grain and frame jumps, it lost me with its utter lack of knowlege about mood and music. I rate this movie 2 out of 5 splats, for story line and style, but taking away for movie and poor animation quality.

About me

  • I'm Ryjak
  • From Hartford, Connecticut, United States
  • I am a web and graphic designer with four years of classroom and four years of practical experience, using this blog as a platform for my artistic endeavors. I hope this blog gives you some little insight into the workings of my creative processes. I currently am working as a Web Designer for Sunrise Marketing in Hartford Connecticut, where I have been for over a year and a half now.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates