« Home | Week 7 - “Imagine your blog as a white ball of hea... » | The Movies! » | What was the assignment? » | Homepage » | Open Close » | Brown HTML » | I've broken another one » | Interactive Narratives, Take 2 » | Flash Tutorial For Your 301 Class » | Ack LAST MINUTE! » 

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 

Week 8 - "Binary Storytime" or "Jack's Shameless Plug"

The digital storytelling site splits the process of digital storytelling into many sections. I would like to focus for a minute on number 3, or relating the story to the (potential) audience. This is something I have a hard time with, relating to other people, especially since I invariably see the negative about any and every situation I enter, but this is also an asset in a way. People have two reactions in my experience to things they dislike, laughter, and anger. Since I’m far more likely to attract flies with honey than vinegar, I will point out those terrible things that I see in an engaging and humorous manner, as best I can, as in my interactive narrative website which I entitled “This Webpage is an Interactive Narrative”, where I poked fun at Bill Gates. It can also be seen in many alternative culture advertising techniques at use in the real world. Once again I will reference Fight Club, as on the second DVD with all the advertising supplements, there was a section with all internet spots that they had done, directly focusing on the computer user. Computers are solitary media, with one person usually using one computer at a time, focusing the content in a very personal way. They augmented this by tailoring the message to their target audience, with the simple message “I know you” They did seem to know me very well, they got some points wrong, but the overall message touched me, about being a person who either does or does not care about many social and environmental issues which plague our generation. It made me feel that the creators somehow related with my personal experience of the world, which is a comforting thing.

About me

  • I'm Ryjak
  • From Hartford, Connecticut, United States
  • I am a web and graphic designer with four years of classroom and four years of practical experience, using this blog as a platform for my artistic endeavors. I hope this blog gives you some little insight into the workings of my creative processes. I currently am working as a Web Designer for Sunrise Marketing in Hartford Connecticut, where I have been for over a year and a half now.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates