« Home | Week 8 - "Binary Storytime" or "Jack's Shameless P... » | Week 7 - “Imagine your blog as a white ball of hea... » | The Movies! » | What was the assignment? » | Homepage » | Open Close » | Brown HTML » | I've broken another one » | Interactive Narratives, Take 2 » | Flash Tutorial For Your 301 Class » 

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 

Week 9 - "Money Money Money"

Making money online is harder than it seems. People are always shoving advertising banners in your face telling you that you could win this or earn that, but most often times it turns out to be a scam. I have however seen several reliable ways of making money on the internet.
eBay: If you’re like me, you have truckloads of useless crap lying around and no way of getting rid of it at a profit on your own. Or better yet, maybe you are an aspiring artist with no good place to sell your art. This is where eBay comes in. You can, for a small service fee of 25 cents, post anything you want on their site, and let the world take a crack at bidding on it. I can finally get rid of those awful card games I spent so many allowances on years ago! Or sell my all natural holocaust memorial piece (It was an assignment) to willing buyers of folk art! A definite must for any budding capitalist.
Next we have Banner ads. I have several friends with very successful websites which receive heavy amounts of traffic on a daily basis. There are companies out there who are willing to pay for space on your site (provided you get enough hits) and if your site is popular enough, you can make a tidy profit. Such sites which use this business model are many of my webcomic buddies, like Tim Buckley of Ctrl+Alt+Del, which is based out of New Haven, or Nuklear Power, by Brian Clevinger, based out of Florida. These men have made well, rather large amounts of money through banner ads and merchandising of their own creative works.
Last but not least, is the online survey. My mom is hooked on these things. For 100 dollars a survey, companies call on her to do these surveys as part of a product research group for professionals. She usually does them for drug companies or larger corporations. She let me do a couple of them for her once, and passed the money on to me. I wish I could do that every week. Easiest hundred dollars I ever made.
Last but not least, is merchandising. As artists we have creative works which we may hold the copyrights for. Come up with a clever idea for a graphic or a t-shirt, and you can use a company like ThinkGeek.com to get your idea out there, and make some money off of it in the meantime.
And those are some of the ways which I have found one can make money using the internet. Legitimately.

About me

  • I'm Ryjak
  • From Hartford, Connecticut, United States
  • I am a web and graphic designer with four years of classroom and four years of practical experience, using this blog as a platform for my artistic endeavors. I hope this blog gives you some little insight into the workings of my creative processes. I currently am working as a Web Designer for Sunrise Marketing in Hartford Connecticut, where I have been for over a year and a half now.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates