« Home | Week 10 - "Captain's Log Supplimental" » | Week 9 - "Money Money Money" » | Week 8 - "Binary Storytime" or "Jack's Shameless P... » | Week 7 - “Imagine your blog as a white ball of hea... » | The Movies! » | What was the assignment? » | Homepage » | Open Close » | Brown HTML » | I've broken another one » 

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 

Week 11 - "What's your angle on it?"

I’d like to come back to my writings on the new program I purchased (and with which I did my final project in soundscapes) “The Movies” the game. It provides me with an interactive experience in writing, creating and producing my own films. Part of this whole process of movie making, is deciding the angles of the camera one is going to use in filming the movie.
Filming from low angles allows the character to appear large, and dramatic, giving the impression that one is below the person being filmed. It adds an impressive trick of the camera to induce forced scale upon the subject from the viewers perspective. In The Movies, I have limited control over the angle of the camera in most scenes, but those limited movements allow me to change a hero into a has been, a villain into a child.
If you really want to see what I’ve accomplished with this program take a look at one of the movies I’ve submitted to the Planet The Movies website. While your there why not take a look at some other people’s work as well? Mine’s the one called “Evil Geniuses”.
On the other side of things, Theater doesn’t use the use of camera angles, as it is set with a single stage with the audience looking from multiple angles. The set must be as multiangular as possible, and use various tricks of lighting, color, and motion to grab the audiences attention and move around the hierarchy of importance.

About me

  • I'm Ryjak
  • From Hartford, Connecticut, United States
  • I am a web and graphic designer with four years of classroom and four years of practical experience, using this blog as a platform for my artistic endeavors. I hope this blog gives you some little insight into the workings of my creative processes. I currently am working as a Web Designer for Sunrise Marketing in Hartford Connecticut, where I have been for over a year and a half now.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates